- Research recipes and consider flavor combinations.
- Further their understanding of the difference between precise recipes and flexible recipes.
- If students are completing this lesson as part of the kitchen curriculum, Cooking with Curiosity: Challenging Perfection with Reflection this lesson is 4.1, the first lesson of Unit 4.
- This activity supports students in practicingcreating: undertaking projects that have tangible results in the kitchen.
- This activity encourages students to feel that cooking is more accessible.
- This lesson emphasizes using flexible recipes. It will be helpful for students to understand how to read a recipe to find recipes. See our How to Read a Recipe lesson as a pre-lesson or lesson extension.
Some lesson plans are formatted as a fillable PDF so that students can answer the questions and return the document as if it were a worksheet. We recommend testing this functionality with your technology as it varies by device and operating system. If it does not work for you, consider using a google form or having students answer the questions in a new document and submitting their answers to you that way.