- Understand and practice the basics of baking.
- Make choices in the ingredients of their recipes and reflect on those selections.
- If students are completing this lesson as part of the kitchen curriculum, Cooking with Curiosity: Challenging Perfection with Reflection this lesson is 3.10, the tenth lesson of Unit 3.
- For sections that instruct students to READ, you can record yourself reading aloud and send itto students. Direct them to read along with the recording. This is a helpful strategy fordifferentiating learning that supports all students, especially English Language Learners.
- This lesson is an excellent support for understanding seasonal growing practices. Check outthisrecommended source for some lessons on local and seasonal foods.https://www.nourishlife.org/teach/curriculum/activity-2-seasonal-local-f....
- The teacher resource, Recipes and List of Equipment and Ingredients details recipes, equipment, and bulk ingredients for the recipes featured in the curriculum. We suggest having students or parents check off the equipment they have available. If in the event some equipment is not available, you can indicate to students how they can adapt the recipes.
Some lesson plans are formatted as a fillable PDF so that students can answer the questions and return the document as if it were a worksheet. We recommend testing this functionality with your technology as it varies by device and operating system. If it does not work for you, consider using a google form or having students answer the questions in a new document and submitting their answers to you that way.