- Practice reflective thinking and responding.
- If students are completing this lesson as part of the kitchen curriculum Cooking with Curiosity: Challenging Perfection with Reflection this lesson is 1.1: The first lesson of Unit 1.
- The kitchen habits of mind can also be treated as group agreements. The teacher can encourage students to keep returning to these habits of mind throughout the lessons.
- In a classroom setting, this lesson could utilize a jigsaw format, in which students split up the habits of mind within small groups, discuss and report back to the large group.
- For sections that instruct students to READ, you can record yourself reading aloud and send it to students. Direct them to read along with the recording. This is a helpful strategy for differentiating learning that supports all students, especially English Language Learners
Some lesson plans are formatted as a fillable PDF so that students can answer the questions and return the document as if it were a worksheet. We recommend testing this functionality with your technology as it varies by device and operating system. If it does not work for you, consider using a google form or having students answer the questions in a new document and submitting their answers to you that way.