Create Your Own: Salad Dressing
Salad dressing is easy to make at home! In this lesson, you will learn how to make a salad dressing and practice your skills using a flexible recipe.
Student Learning Goals & Objectives:
- Make choices in the ingredients of their recipes and reflect on those selections.
- Practice reflective thinking and responding.
Download Lesson Materials
- If students are completing this lesson as part of the kitchen curriculum, Cooking with Curiosity: Challenging Perfection with Reflection this lesson is 2.8. The eighth lesson of Unit 2.
- For sections that instruct students to READ, you can record yourself reading aloud and send it to students. Direct them to read along with the recording. This is a helpful strategy for differentiating learning that supports all students, especially English Language Learners.
- The teacher resource, Recipes and List of Equipment and Ingredients details recipes, equipment, and bulk ingredients for the recipes featured in the curriculum. We suggest having students or parents check off the equipment they have available. If in the event some equipment is not available, you can indicate to students how they can adapt the recipes.
- Some lesson plans are formatted as a fillable PDF so that students can answer the questions and return the document as if it were a worksheet. We recommend testing this functionality with your technology as it varies by device and operating system. If it does not work for you, consider using a google form or having students answer the questions in a new document and submitting their answers to you that way.