Create Your Own Yogurt Sauce
Have you ever wanted to write your own recipe? Would you like to feel more confident cooking without one? In this lesson, students create their own Yogurt Sauce recipe and learn that recipes don’t always have to follow a typical format.
- Mustard or tahini
- Cumin or coriander or paprika
- Parsley or dill or mint or chives or cilantro
- Lemon or lime
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic or onion
Some recipes don’t have precise instructions and have very flexible ingredient lists. This Yogurt Sauce recipe is an example of a recipe that is really flexible. Recipes like this are great because the basic instructions remain the same, but many of the ingredients can be substituted. This allows you more flexibility and creativity in the kitchen.
Complete the Choose Your Own Yogurt Sauce recipe by following each step and making your own choices.
Write down your recipe by filling in the boxes next to each item you added or coloring that item in.
Enjoy your yogurt sauce as dip with some carrot or celery sticks. Try it as a salad dressing or put a dollop of it on top of a soup. This yogurt sauce goes with just about anything!
You can extend this activity and learn more with the following activities:
- Prepare roasted vegetables and serve this sauce alongside them.
- Share your yogurt sauce recipe with others by completing the Yogurt Sauce Challenge
- Check out our How to Read a Recipe Lesson if you want to learn more about reading recipes
Authored by Nick Lee and Raquel Vigil