Coloring Together: Strawberry
Coloring, sometimes considered a child’s activity, is a documented stress reliever for adults! In this activity, use our coloring sheet to color as a family. While you color, consider using the conversation starters to discuss strawberries.
- Coloring Sheet
- Colored pens, pencils, or markers
Use the Strawberries Coloring Sheet and color it in as you please.
- While you color, consider discussing strawberries. Use these prompts as conversation starters.
- Share a memory you have with strawberries. Encourage each other to be as descriptive as possible; can you remember where you were? What you smelled, touched, saw?
- Share your favorite recipes with strawberries. Describe what you liked about the recipes.
- Eat a delicious organic strawberry while you draw. Encourage each other to eat slowly and talk about how the strawberry tastes.
- While you color, try enjoying a strawberry through a Mindful Eating Exercise that will have you slow down and focus in on every detail as you eat.
Does coloring get you into a creative mindset? Want to express your creativity in other ways? Try writing a poem from the perspective of a strawberry in this I am Poem Lesson.
Notes for Teachers and Parents
- This activity supports using creative expression to engage with the garden, food, and cooking.
- Want to learn more about how coloring can relieve stress, here are some articles; Coloring Not Just for Kids and 3 Reasons Adult Coloring Can Actually Relax Your Brain.