We use the opening circle to welcome students and frame the garden class. Garden teachers rotate the role of facilitating circle.
- Introduce the day’s activity or lesson.
- Focus attention to the job board and exhibit team teaching.
- From his/her seat in the circle, each garden teacher gives a brief description of the garden job he/she will be teaching. The brief description of the garden job facilitates student buy-in by allowing students to pick the garden job that interests them the most.
- Introduce the closing circle activity so that students are prepared upon returning to circle.
- Divide into working groups.