- Fold laundry
- Prepare platters of ingredients
- Placed wet towels at each cooking table
- Place dry towels at each cooking station
- Transfer laundry in and out of dryer
- Refill paper towels, soap dispensers, and scrub brushes
- Make sure recipes are out on the cooking tables
- Prepare chalk board for class
- Assemble or redo flower vases
- Refill olive oil bottles
- Refill napkins
- Refill pepper grinders
Kitchen Volunteer To-Do List
Place of Learning:
This resource lists activities and tasks for volunteers in the Edible Schoolyard kitchen classroom.
- Engage in conversation with kids
- Place yourself away from the teacher at the table and throughout the lesson
- Give attention to kids feeling left out
- You may be asked to work with an individual kid who needs extra attention
- Note: It is not your responsibility to discipline the kids, if a problem presents itself please notify the teacher immediately.
- Run, dry, and put away the dishes in their proper place.
- Clean cooking station
- Empty and rinse compost bins at the cooking table
- Empty big white compost bin
- Make sure spice table is clean
- Sweep if necessary
- Make sure bussing station is clean
- Make sure cutting boards are dry and evenly spaced
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp castle soap
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Please always clean the lint screen before starting the dryer.
- Set the temperature to high and run it on auto dry set to more high.