The California Climate and Agriculture Network (CalCan)
- This top-notch coalition advances policies to support agriculture in the face of global climate change.
The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC)
- An alliance of grassroots organizations advocating for the sustainability of agriculture food systems, natural resources and rural communities. NSAC publishes informative Action Alerts in their Weekly Roundup.
- This non-traditional grassroots nonprofit organization is composed of young farmers and a diversity of collaborators. Please review their new Farmers’ Almanac and the affiliated work of Agrarian Trust.
Point Blue: Conservation Science for a Healthy Planet
- This excellent nonprofit organization has been serving the conservation community for 50 years. They are innovative leaders in developing climate smart conservation science and offering nature-based solutions to global climate change. In particular, see President and CEO Ellie Cohen’s weekly blog, Ecology and Climate Change News.
Symphony of the Soil - A film by Deborah Koons Garcia.
- Filmed on four continents and featured world esteemed scientists, this important film highlights the latest research on soil’s key role in ameliorating the challenging environmental issues of our time. Lily Films, 2012.