Circles of Connections
This lesson will introduce students to a worksheet that prompts them to reflect on what they have been learning, exploring, and discussing around the topic of Organic. The worksheet asks students to consider how their learning impacts their own lives, their communities, and society at large.
Download Lesson Materials
- The worksheet provided here was designed as a resource for students to return to throughout the curriculum. Many of the lessons in the Understanding Organic curriculum will prompt students to use this worksheet to answer closing prompts. You could have students fill out the worksheet individually or create a class version of the worksheet and have students fill it out together.
- The “READ” and “DISCUSS” sections of this lesson plan can be used as talking points or a script to introduce activities.
- The “ANSWER” sections of the lesson could be answered in small group discussions or class discussions.
- If you are teaching this lesson asynchronously or assigning it as homework, for the sections that instruct students to READ, consider recording yourself reading the sections aloud and sending the recording to students. This adaptation offers a helpful strategy for differentiating learning that supports all students, especially English Language Learners.
- This lesson is from the Edible Schoolyard Project’s Understanding Organic curriculum and is part of the preparatory lessons of the curriculum.