Coloring Together: Seeds We Eat
Coloring, sometimes considered a child’s activity, is a documented stress reliever for adults! In this activity, use our coloring sheet to color as a family. While you color, consider using the conversation starters to talk about the different seeds we eat.
- Coloring Sheet
- Colored pens, pencils, or markers
Use the Seeds We Eat coloring sheet and color it in as you please.
- While you color, consider discussing the seeds we eat. Use these prompts as conversation starters.
- What was the last seed that you ate?
- How many types of edible seeds can you name?
- Consider talking about the different types of seeds we eat. As you color, see if you can think of more examples for each category.
- Share a memory of a recipe that uses one of the seeds listed in the coloring sheet. Share your experiences eating that recipe. Encourage each other to be as descriptive as possible; can you remember where you were? What you smelled, touched, saw?
- Eat while you draw. Do you have any edible seeds in your house to eat? How do the seeds taste?
Notes for Parents
- This activity supports using creative expression to engage with the garden, food, and cooking.
- Want to learn more about the seeds we eat? Look at our Seeds We Eat lesson.
- Want to learn more about how coloring can relieve stress? Here are some articles: Coloring Not Just for Kids and 3 Reasons Adult Coloring Can Actually Relax Your Brain.