The Edible Schoolyard Project (ESYP) is offering an unpaid internship to students or recent graduates wishing to gain experience in a mission-driven nonprofit work environment. The intern will support the Operations team for ESYP, assisting with a variety of activities related to our Edible Schoolyard Berkeley program and the internal functions of a nonprofit office. Responsibilities include day-to-day tasks and short-term projects.
About the Edible Schoolyard Project
ESYP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded by Alice Waters in 1996. ESYP works to transform the health and values of every student by building and sharing a food curriculum for the school system. Help us change the way we eat, one student at a time.
- Field information requests and assist in interfacing with supporters and the public via phone and email
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of donations, which includes entering data, photocopying, tailoring letters, making deposits, and troubleshooting as necessary
- Draft and/or proofread various written materials such as business- and grant-related correspondence, internal memos, etc.
- Help maintain our donor and partner database
- Assist with events, mailings, and other projects
- Manage order fulfillment and customer service for ESYP online publications store
- Daily filing and office organization
- Conduct short research assignments and projects
- Miscellaneous errands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a willingness to ask questions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Keen interest in the sustainable food movement
- Creative and flexible mindset
- Work well independently and collaboratively
Duration & Compensation
- Unpaid internship; lunch provided
- Minimum 3-month commitment; 3-4 days per week (18-25 hours)
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Krissa Nichols, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Operations Intern" in the subject line. Please include your days and hours of availability in the letter.
No phone inquiries, please.
The Edible Schoolyard Project believes that good food is a right, not a privilege. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage applicants from a diversity of backgrounds and from marginalized communities most impacted by an unjust food system.