This library contains the Edible Schoolyard Berkeley's Debate Plate lessons, a set of five classes taught to eighth-graders in the spring. This series focuses on factors and considerations that influence personal food choices. Throughout the series, students are introduced to four lenses through which to think about these issues: Health & Nutrition, Environment, Justice & Labor, and Cost & Access.
- K8-4: Debate Plate #1: Health & Nutrition Spiced Red Lentil Stew and Indian-Spiced Cabbage Slaw
- K8-5: Debate Plate #2: Environment Frittata and Green Salad with Vinaigrette
- K8-6: Debate Plate #3: Justice and Labor In the Academic Classroom
- K8-7: Debate Plate #4: Justice and Labor Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
- K8-8: Debate Plate #5: Cost and Access Chili and Cornbread